For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Companeo Ltd, CentralPoint, 45, Beech Street, EC2Y 8AD London.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in any forms on our site www.companeo.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use parts of our site or our entire site, subscribing to our site or posting material on our site. We may also ask you for information when you make an enquiry about any product or service marketed or promoted by us or when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our site, including (but not limited to) traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access;
and details about the business on whose behalf you are making an enquiry about any product or service marketed or promoted by us, including (without limitation) the business name, address, email address and telephone number and details relevant to the purchasing enquiry such as turnover and number of employees.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system
administration and to report information to our supplier partners and aggregated information to our advertising partners. Such aggregated
information is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on
the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- and to recognise you when you return to our site.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However,
if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area
(EEA). It may also be processed by individuals operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Such individuals maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to
this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that
enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your
personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received
your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have
consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- and to notify you about changes to our site.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to clarify your requirements, measure customer service
and satisfaction and provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and they or we may contact
you about these by post, telephone or facsimile or, subject to clauses 4.3 and 4.4 below, email or SMS.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services
similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means
only if you have previously consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the
relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We will disclose information about identifiable individuals to our supplier partners. We will not disclose information about
identifiable individuals to our advertising partners but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also
use such aggregate information to help our advertising partners reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the
personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertising partners’ wishes by displaying their advertisements to
that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company
and its subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller
or buyer of such business or assets;
if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers
will be one of the transferred assets;
or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to
and/or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others. This includes exchanging
information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data)
if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise
your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our supplier partners, advertising partners and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or
liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Contact email address:
- Address: River House, 1st Floor, 143-145 Farringdon Road, EC1R 3AB London.